I took my 8-year old on a date tonight and she chose for her activity--wait for it--Walmart Bingo. She found bingo cards online and after our dinner, we commenced the hunt. The items on the card were mostly outrageous and not likely to find (including "bearded woman"), though not outside the realm of possibility; the "someone buying beer and diapers" came pretty close. Here, however, were some delightful finds I did manage to pick up, even if not on the bingo card:
- Teenage girl in PJ's
- Dude with "Shh, this is my hangover shirt" t-shirt
- Dude with one eye
- Dude with a mohawk and a mouth full of chew
- Guy buying worms
- Guy with a full 1-1/2" gauge in his ear, plus more jewelry on his lips. He looked like livestock
- Broken bottles on the floor in the drink aisle
- Mormon missionaries. Maybe they broke the drinks! Luckily they were missing the facial jewelry. Phew.
- A girl playing (successfully) with 3 hoola hoops at the same time
- ^^^My kid^^^
- A large number of people on scooters
- A large number of "persons of size"
- A cashier who could not count my change
Not bad for a 20-minute roundup!